Friday, February 6, 2009

AD THIS FEB 2nd AD

I love AD This' blog. It's been some time since I last submitted an entry and so, I want to try again. For their Feb2nd Ad, the twist is all about distressing and embossing using this ad as inspiration:

I wanted to use a picture of Phil while he's about to climb our stairs - - I've recently done my "Ponder" LO of him and so, I wanted a different distressing technique other than the usual distressing of the papers. I figured I haven't done the cardboard + paint technique so I went ahead and made this:

Published at Scrapbook News & Reviews Magazine's May 2009 Issue.

Materials used: DCWV cardstocks, Scenic Route Papers, journaling tag (unknown), AAS sticker, MR sheer journal, HS She alphabet chipboard, KaiserCraft Seals clear stamp, AL Ticketed clear stamp, utee, embossing powder, Stazon and Colorbox inkpads, Dymo black tape, acrylic paint, corrugated cardboard.

For the embossing part, I used two coats of black embossing powder on the "all" stamps (forgot if this stamp is from Sassafrass, I just know that I got this from Dinah LOL). For the AL Ticketed and Kaisercraft Seals stamps, I used four coats of utee (this was first time actually to use utee ;o) -- so happy with the results, they look like epoxy stickers). I also experimented embossing on the chipboard - - utee + MM shimmer powder in spotlight (while utee was still hot, sprinkled the powder). The result was different than my acrylic paint + glitter powder + Ranger Glossy Accents used in my "Shoot" LO. As to which I prefer, I'd say better to top it with the Ranger Glossy Accents (less mess you know what I mean?). These shots, though, do not justify the actual pictures (or am I just a lousy photographer? LOL):



I tried also another experiment- - this is also the first time that I cut the picture I used. Phil's face was exactly in the middle of the two handrails and so, I cut the picture into three. I placed double sided foam tapes on the second (face) part of the picture so that it's highlighted more. ;o) Liked it. ;o)

I guess experimenting more is a good thing - - after all, I'm still a newbie (revised my profile, I made my first LO April last year though I was introduced to scrapbooking February - - so I guess April is my SBbirthday LOL).

Thanks for looking.

janis
P.S. Forgot to mention that this is also the first time that I made my own photo corners. Learned the technique here.

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves