Since my love for challenges has been rekindled, I kinda sat down and added another challenge for myself: I wanted to do ButterflyCraft's Challenge#5 for February (the challenge was to create a LO about a guilty pleasure) but this time I wanted to use my loose BG papers from the Cut Off Strips Collection. I got these papers from my Kuya as pasalubong (hi panget!!! miss ko na kayo!!!) and when I saw them, I felt intimidated because they're so artsy. On top of that, I can't for the life of me make out how did it happen that they come from the same collection. I'm just soooo clueless....
So what I did, with my craft knife in tow, was to make a lace out of the Lucky paper (just to remove the light blue shade in between the darker shades-- one less color to focus on). And then, I experimented also on the chipboard alphabets. I painted them with MM grapevine paint, dabbed MM red wagon paint, sprinkled red glittered powder, then topped them with Ranger glossy accents (did the same for the open parenthesis (is that how it's called?) except that I used MM asphalt glittered powders instead). The rest, I just cut, paste, adhered, painted, and doodled. Here's the end result of my experiment:
Journaling: You complete me. Thereluctantscrapper.
Materials used: Cardstocks by DCWV, papers by BG Cutoff Strips and Cherry Arte, tag (unknown), AAS leather strip, conchos, and charms, Prima blings, Creative Imaginations epoxy sticker, AL Ticketed clear stamp, MM tiny alphas (brown ledger), glitter powders, acrylic paints, Ranger gloss accents, Fontwerks rub-ons (Starfin), Prima flowers, Felt Sizzix Paddlepunch punchout, Cuttlebug chipboard diecut (hexagon), Stazon and Colorbox inkpads, Sakura and Uniball Signo pens.
Here's a closer shot of my alphabet chipboards:
Thanks for looking.