Thursday, February 5, 2009

SCRAPPING THE MUSIC CHALLENGE #71

I was surfing the net for more SB challenge sites when I chanced upon this site. At times, there are songs that capture the message that you want to convey and everything else fits. I'm all for that- - and so, I immediately clicked "Follow this Blog".

For their current challenge, you have to create a LO with this song as inspiration: I'll be your Mirror. I have no idea how this song goes, so I googled the lyrics (placed it here 'cause the song's really nice):

I'll be your mirror
Reflect what you are, in case you don't know
I'll be the wind, the rain and the sunset
The light on your door to show that you're home

When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hands
Cause I see you

I find it hard to believe you don't know
The beauty that you are
But if you don't let me be your eyes
A hand in your darkness, so you won't be afraid

When you think the night has seen your mind
That inside you're twisted and unkind
Let me stand to show that you are blind
Please put down your hands
Cause I see you

I'll be your mirror

Here's my take:
The journaling is hidden in the tag:

Dearest Phil,

I never doubt the man you’ll turn out to be. You are smart, loving and funny - - you have no idea how proud and happy you make me feel.

Fear not to explore the world, for in doing so you will grow and learn. Should you find yourself lost, know that I’ll be the hand to guide you home.

I love you, son.

Mommy


Materials used: DCWV Cardstock, Papers by WRMK (Whiteout) and Fancy Pants, AL Ticketed clear stamps, AC Thickers (Jewelry Box), Fiskars stamp, AAS glittered alphabet stickers, leather strip, chipboard, conchos, buttons, and brads, blings, charms (unknown), Dymo clear tape, Fiskars threading water punch, Stazon and colorbox inkpads.

Is it too obvious that I'm soo in love with my AL Ticketed clear stamps? Used it for all my LOs since I bought it last Saturday. ;o) I was also able to use my new Fiskars Threading Water Punch in this LO (I know, I know, when it came out last year, I didn't join the frenzy. I guess I'm a latebloomer? LOL).

Thanks for looking.

janis

P.S. I submitted this LO also to JournalingJunkie's Challenge#50. The challenge is to write a love letter either as hidden journaling or as a tag. ;o)

P.S.2. This LO was published in Scrapbooking.com Magazine's April Issue. ;o)

7 comments:

Txracy said...

I love those ticket stubs and that journaling is super sweet! I am always finding something inspiring on your blog! Thanks for sharing your awesome creations with us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! LOVEEEEEEE the colors, the flowers, that PHOTO...and the journaling is sooooooooo TOUCHING!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us! :):):):):):)

Julie said...

This is one sweet layout. I have some similar ticket stamps here and love how you have used them. Thanks for playing alogng with us at STM.

Donna said...

Great LO! It's so fun to be inspired by a song you've never heard of before. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work with us!!

mandysea said...

OMG - this is stunning!! I adore your colour choices - the flower clusters are just gorgeous - full of brightness love and smiles!!
Thanks for playing with us at STM!!

Scrapping The Music said...

Talk about color! WOW!!! I love this!!! The layout is just beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along with us!!!

Kristii said...

Your layout is soooo beautiful!!! I am so glad you found STM!! Thanks for joining in the fun!!

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves