Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BLACK MAGIC SKETCHES CHALLENGE#1

Discovered Black Magic Sketches and saw their January Challenge #1. The requirement is to use the following colors in your LO: turquoise, pink, white and of course, black on this sketch:
This is my take:

Published in Scrapstreet.com Magazine's October 2009 Issue.

Journaling: You truly are a blessing.

Materials used: Cardstocks by Bazzil and DCWV, Papers by MME (Bohemia), SassaFrass, AMM, BG (Two Scoops) sticker lace, Maya Road swirl chipboard, Heidi Grace ribbon, Rub-ons by JB, KaiserCraft, BG and Scenic Route, Brads, chipboard frame, satin flower and conchos by AAS, blings, ribbons, acrylic paints, Sakura Pens, Maya Road office sheer, Prima swirl blings, MM black on white and shimmer alphabet stickers, Colorbox stamp pad for distressing, Ranger Crackle and Glossy accents, Whitemagic glue.

I had a hard time mixing my paint to get that turquoise shade (even googled how to mix paints LOL). Good thing my Colorbox Brights inkpad has the shade so I was guided in a way. I mixed my acrylic paints and applied the mixture on the MR flourish chipboard. After I let dry, I topped it with the Ranger Crackle Accents.

Since it was my first time to use the Crackle Accents, I was not really sure if I would like the effect (I wanted the actual Tim Holtz Crackle paints, but Joann’s does not carry them so I settled for the Accents for the time being). The effect is fine with me (must hoard Tim Holtz Crackle paints!!!) as it gave texture to the LO.

Hope you like this one.

janis

1 comment:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

I am wanting to try also the crackle paint and acrylic one but I havent found one here on bookstores. Nice lo!You are really good sis!

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves