Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ALTER YOUR FLOWERS MINI-TUTORIAL

I put up a mini-tutorial on how to alter the Prima Innocence Crinkle flowers that are included in Scrap That!'s June Add-on Embellishment Kit (to view the contents of the kit, see HERE). You can also use the steps here to alter any flower you want. Enjoy!

Supplies:

Prima Innocence Crinkle Flowers

Ranger Distress Ink (I used Shabby Shutters)

Glimmer Mist (I used Pearl Shade)

Distress Stickles (I used Vintage Photo but you can use the ordinary Stickles)

Pearl/Bling as flower center

Adhesives/Tacky Glue


Step 1: Take apart your flower layers very carefully. Cut the two big layers as shown.

Step 2: Glue one petal on top of the other so that the end flower will have one petal less.


Step 3: Using tacky glue, glue all the layers on top of each other. My flowers have 3 layers: 4 petaled, 5 petaled, and the original 6 petaled flowers.

Step 4: With a dry brush, apply distress ink on your flower center.

Step 5: To add a bit of shine plus to activate the pigment of your distress ink, mist directly on your flower center (I used Pearl Glimmer Mist).

Step 6: Apply Distress Stickles (or Regular Stickles) on your flower center. Add pearl or bling as flower center.

Here's my final altered flower:


Super fast and easy way to make your already beautiful flowers much more beautiful! ;o) I shall be posting in a short while the layout where I used the flowers that I have altered in this way.

janis

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves