Friday, February 5, 2010

ABOUT A BOY

Sketch#1 by our guest designer Monika Martinson is already up over at SCY!

Here's the sketch:



I flipped the sketch to make it work for my photo. Here's my take:


Journaling: At age 2, you are very gabby, funny, and constantly on the move. You love to sing and dance and play. You are addicted to anything superhero. You are growing up to be everything we ever dreamed of in a son. Supplies: Papers, rub ons, and brads: Upsy Daisy, Chipboards: Buzz and Bloom, Ink: Clearsnap, Ranger, Paints: Making Memories, Ranger, Glossyand pearl accents: Ranger, Stickers: Reminisce, Making Memories, Border punch: EK Success, Circle punches: Fiskars, Pens: Sakura, Uni-ball, Other: cardstock.

I used here my Upsy Daisy Man About Town II papers (yep, this is my second creation after this one) and two of my fave Buzz and Bloom chipboards. I just distressed my cute birdie with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Inks and applied Ranger Glossy Accents on top. On the lava lamp chipboard, I used Espresso paint by MM topped with Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint.



Got to use my Fiskars squeeze circle punches. I topped my circle flowers with Upsy Daisy brads.



After doing my layout, I felt that it was too clean so I kinda messed it up by doing a bit of doodling and splatting watered down paint. After letting the paint dry, I put droplets of Ranger Glossy and Pearl Accents for added texture.



To see the takes of the other DTs, click here. Hope you'll play along with us!!!

janis

3 comments:

Mia Castrillo said...

Love your layouts, Janis! Di bagay ang reluctant scrapper sa name mo. Hehehe!

Kat said...

this is cute!!

i also just saw your awesome layout on the jillibean soup blog (http://jillibeansoup.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/free-for-all-friday-.html)...too cute!!!

RobinJ said...

Beautiful LO! Love how you flipped it and lovin' those paper flowers!
xoxo-RobinJ

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves