Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MY ALTERED BAMBOO TRAY

Remember Idol Cabbie's altered bilao (bamboo tray) tutorial? I liked hers so much that I was on a lookout for bilaos since she uploaded her tutorial. Luckily, my nanny alerted me that there's one in our neighbor's trash can (sshhhhh!!! LOL!!!) and so, I quickly got and cleaned it to alter.

This is my take on Journaling Junkie's Challenge 61. The challenge is inspired by this nursery rhyme (just don't ask me how I was able to come up with this challenge LOL!!!):

1,2 tie my shoe
3,4 shut the door
5,6 pick up sticks
7,8 lay them straight
9,10 a big fat hen

There should have something laced in the LO (to correspond to the tie my shoe). Shut the door, picking up the sticks and laying them straight can mean "recovering from something or making something in your life/self right on track" (like "picking up the pieces metaphor"). A big fat hen can mean a prize or something you look forward to when you do that recovery or picking up.

Here's my take:

The journaling is on the tag which is tucked behind the photo. The journaling reads:
I have been anxious a lot of times worrying about petty things. I soo need to remind myself that I have to stop negativity and embrace living in the now. I don't know what will happen in the future but I trust that with His grace, everything will turn out fine. Life is good so no worries!

A close up of my lacing and distressing and tearing of the cardboard:


Isn't this flower humongous? LOL!!! It's actually three-layered, I have them on my stash for the longest time, I'm just soo glad I used them on this project.


This altered bamboo tray now hangs in our room. Everytime I wake up and see it, I am reminded that life isn't that serious so I need not worry. ;o)

Thanks for looking. Hope you'll play along with us over at Journaling Junkie!

janis

1 comment:

Peggy said...

This is really pretty! I love the idea of the altered bamboo tray and you did a wonderful job!
xxx Peggy

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves