Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AN UNUSUAL ME

Submitted this one for JJ's Challenge 57. The challenge is to create a layout journaling the lessons taught you either by your Mom or your children.

This is my take:

Journaling: Being your mom is a gift. It has taught me to love unconditionally, to go beyond myself for there are more important things other than ME. It has given me so much happiness that I cherish everyday. I wish I can be with you all the time so I can watch you two grow before my very eyes.

Materials used: Papers and stickers by Websters (Magical Wishes Collection), Colorbox inkpad, ribbon, blings, prima flowers, Stamps by Prima (Build a Border Volume 1) and AL (Elegant Fluorishes).

This is definitely not the usual style that I scrap - - but I have to use the Websters pack that I won last January right? The whole time I was doing this layout, I was invoking my inner Iris (Babao-Uy, master scrapbooker extraordinaire). Funny, when I showed this layout to my family and officemates, they all told me that they didn't think I was the one who made it - - too different from the graphic/bold/bright/cartoonish me (I couldn't agree more, truth is, I wanted to tell them that it wasn't really me but my inner Iris - - but I just shut up for they might think I'm schizo!!! LOL)

To view my work at JJ, click here.

Thanks for looking.

janis

2 comments:

Benga said...

very pretty, great use of webster! I'm really blocked on using that line of paper, tinititigan ko na lng hehhehe

Stefanie said...

hello there.
My email isn't getting through to you.
Just wanted you to know I have removed your bittersweet for publication.
thanks, Stefanie

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves