As you all know, I am the guest designer at BackPorch Memories for May. I was given the Medley Kit to work with. Took pictures of the contents of the kit before I dove in.
Hubby wasn't cooperative last Thursday (received the kit that afternoon) - - I was soo excited to scrap that evening when he changed the plan and made me watch Angels and Demons with him instead (good movie, though). So I was able to whip 3 Friday night though I plan to scrap more tonight when everyone's asleep.
What I find soo amazing is the number of cardstocks and patterned papers and embellishments in this kit. Too good to be true - - plus they are perfectly coordinated, as in perfect! Couldn't ask for more.
Here are my first three layouts out of BPM's Medley Kit:
Journaling: So who is the live one?
Materials used: Cardstocks and flower: Bazzill, Papers: Lily Bee (French Couture), Stickers: MLSB (BlackBerry), Pens: Sakura, Border Punch: Fiskars Threading Water, Diecuts: Cuttlebug (Red Tag Sale and Netting), Brad: JB, Ink: Colorbox, Others: thread.
Published at Scrapbook News and Review's September 2009 Issue.
10. I cook mean spaghetti and baked macaroni.
8. I was addicted to anti-aging creams, until I met my dermatologist.
7. I never learned how to swim - - unless floating is considered a stroke.
6. I won Best Ramp Model when I was 16, but gave up the dream coz' I'm too short and too top heavy for the part.
5. I have always worn my hair long.
4. I prefer cake over ice cream.
3. After almost 3 years, I still am not confident with my driving skills (especially the parking part!).
2. I love everything chocolate.
1. I almost always cannot say no to my family.
Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers and Ribbon: Fancy Pants (Summer Soiree), Stickers: MLSB (BlackBerry), Paint: Making Memories, Pens: Sakura, Ink: Colorbox, Others: thread.
Journaling: You have the sweetest smile.
Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers: Crate Paper (Lil Sprout), Stickers: MLSB (BlackBerry), Chipboards: Maya Road, Paint: Making Memories and Tim Holtz Crackle Paint (Corduroy), Pens: Sakura, Ink: Colorbox.
I browsed at what's left of my kit after 3 layouts and for sure I can do a lot more layouts (have to squeeze in a card also with still plenty of scraps after. I just pray everyone cooperates later so that Mommy can scrap. LOL.
Thanks for looking and do watch out for my other layouts out of this kit. ;o)