Monday, May 25, 2009

9 LOs + 3 CARDS (IN 3 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS) =


MEDLEY KIT ROCKS!!!

I am sooo happy with what I was able to come up with my kit - - kinda surprised also with the number of layouts and cards that I was able to do - - all the papers were soo easy to work with my mojo didn't have a hard time creating at all!

While this is only the second time that I was able to work with a kit, it made me think of a dream job - - a kit tester/critic/reviewer, like the one who will recommend which kit to get that will get the most out of your buck. Coz' if I were to give a review on the Medley kit, I'll give it an A+++++ rating. :o)

Here's the final installment of my layouts and cards out of the Medley kit (please revisit my post here for the first 3 layouts):

LO#4: THOU SHALL NOT


Published in Scrapstreet.com Magazine's September 2009 Issue

Journaling: Thou shall not leave your make-up kit unattended for it is not safe with this mischievous little girl around!

Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers, ribbon and journaling chipboard: Fancy Pants (Summer Soiree), Blings: Kaisercraft and K&Co, Stickers: My Little Shoebox (Blackberry), Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Sakura.

Gotta showcase the blings included in the kit (plus handcutwork of FP designs)!


LO#5: FEETISH
Journaling: I love curling up mine with yours!

Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers, ribbon and journaling chipboard: Fancy Pants (Summer Soiree), Blings: K&Co, Stickers: My Little Shoebox (Blackberry), Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Sakura, Brad: MM (not included in the kit).

Couldn't resist handcutting the FP designs! Used Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale dies for the title work.

LO#6: UPSIDE DOWN



Journaling: My view when you're upside down.

Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill and DCWV (DCWV not included in the kit), Papers and cardstock diecuts: Crate Paper, Stickers: My Little Shoebox (Blackberry), Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Sakura, Others: thread (not included in the kit).

Except for the DCWV cardstock base and the thread, everything is from the Medley Kit. I fell in love soo much with the yellow Bazzill swiss dot cardstock included that I saved on using it (don't blame me, it's not available in our local stores!), hence I switched a white cardstock from my own stash. ;o)

LO#7: GROW


Journaling: Grow beautifully inside and out.

Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers and cardstock diecuts: Crate Paper, Chipboard: Maya Road, Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Sakura, Paints: MM (not included in the kit).


Turned the Maya Road tree chipboard into a cloud (coz' I have used the trunk as a branch in my "Sweetest Smile" LO). Couldn't resist cutting the cute designs in the Crate Paper pps. Used Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale dies for the title work.


LO#8: STRIKE A POSE


Published at Scrapbooking.com's September 2009 Issue.

Journaling: I'm not sure where you got the idea but everytime I ask you to give me one for the camera, you never fail to do the "hands under chin" pose. You look so cute that I can't help but take more pictures of you.

Materials used: Cardstocks: Bazzill, Papers: Lily Bee, Stickers: My Little Shoebox (Blackberry), Blings: Kaisercraft and K&Co, Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Fabercastell.

Used Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale dies for the title work.

LO#9: PHOTOGRAPHER WANNABE

Materials used: Cardstocks and Flower: Bazzill, Papers: Lily Bee, Stickers: My Little Shoebox (Blackberry), Blings: JB, Ink: Colorbox, Pens: Fabercastell, Others: thread.

Used Cuttlebug Red Tag Sale dies for the title work.

Card#1: HI Card (FP Scraps)

Card #2: HELLO Card (Crate Paper Scraps)


Card#3: HI Card (Lily Bee Scraps)


Whew!!! That was a long post. Thanks so much again BackPorch Memories for having me as the guest designer and giving me the opportunity to work with your kit. Should you be interested in getting BPM's kit, just drop by at the forum or visit BackPorchMemories site.

Thanks for looking.

janis

9 comments:

Candy said...

Grabe, Janis! You are so prolific!!! I can't even comprehend how to do 2 LOs in 1 night! And, all of them are really beautiful!!!

Mia Castrillo said...

Wow! You're on a roll!!! Great layouts! I love all the layering and all the hand cutting and how you mixed and matched the papers. Sarap naman! Wish I had more time to scrap! :D

LG said...

Once again, gorgeous works! You have been a very busy lady doing all these for 3 days

Liza said...

Grabe Janis! That's a lot of layout you churned out with 1 kit. Galing! Love the cutwork and layering you do on your LO's. Great job!

Candy said...

Linked you up,ha?

July said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
July said...

Grabe...ang galing 9 LOs...natulog ka p ba? Ka inspire ka talaga...
Keep up!

Anonymous said...

So pretty ang mga layouts mo!
I love the cards too :)

Sue said...

goodnes how fab - I am so glad I popped over here although i have spent far too long admiring all your work its stunning

MY BLOG

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves