Monday, March 9, 2009

HOMAGE TO BEYONCE

After my last LO, I wanted to do something light and fun. After all, one must not take his self seriously, right? I checked Scrap Schemes and saw that the inspiration for Challenge#15 is this:

Does that look like a chandelier to you? Perfect!!! See, I have these metal embellishments/accessories that were gifted to me by my dear sister. She gave them on the condition that I use them in a LO featuring my Beyonce earrings.

Flipped the skecth and made this:



Journaling: Channeling my inner Beyonce

Materials used: Papers by K&Co., Fancy Pants, Bazzil, and DCWV, Black cloth, ribbons, Dymo tape, MM acrylic paint (Red Wagon), metal embellishments/accessories, MM shimmer alphabet stickers (Metro Rust and Black School House), Stickles, Cuttlebug chipboard alphabet diecuts (Red Tag Sale), DMC Thread.

Here's your challenge, sis. Hope I delivered. ;o)

janis

P.S. Nope, I still don't have a copy of Beyonce's latest album (actually, I don't have any of her albums), and I'm not familiar with any of the songs included in that album (although my officemate Vinz saw me doing this LO and made me listen to "Diva" and "If I Were a Boy". I'm still stuck with "Crazy in Love", the official ringtone of my cel for the last two years - - hey, you can't blame me, it's really catchy!). If only I can steal her looks and sexiness... she's hotness personified. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this janis!

me naman, I'm a beyonce fan. a LO to docu her philippine concert is still stashed away. but all the needed "epektus" are ready. dikitan blues na lang ang kulang.

I'm also thinking of putting blings of some sort. now that you've made yours, ginaganahan nako gawin this 1yr+ old backlog of mine! :) thanks.

~bjay

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves