Friday, December 5, 2008

VALENTINES IN DECEMBER

I am soo excited to attend PS-SE Christmas Party tomorrow. So while fate awaits if I’ll really be able to attend, I made this entry to the Valentine LO Challenge. The challenge requires that the LO have red in it (except for the photo and journaling) and that there must be at least three hearts used.

Here’s my take:


Journaling: Superficial, they say, but I beg to disagree. The moment I laid my eyes on you, how can I not fall in love? You’re the cutest boy I’ve ever seen - - with Daddy’s eyes, little nose, kissable lips. It is love at first sight, no mistake about it.

Materials used: Corrugated board (topped with Sparkle Mod Podge), DCWV cardstock, KI lace, Papers from BG, Deja Views, DCWV, AAS, Sassa Frass, Love tag (unknown), AAS glitter alpha stickers and chipboard embellisments, MM shimmer black alpha stickers, MM tiny alphas (black on white), charms (unknown), AAS leather strips, brads, and wooden blue beads, Fontwerks rub-ons, buttons, cuttlebug diecuts (tags), white mesh, white DMC.

The charms... the beads... the ruffled mesh....


I almost had a nose bleed sewing the mesh to the corrugated board and then sprinkling the beads (had to sew the beads one by one!!!) on the mesh. True, the sewing was tedious but in the end, it was all worth it. I hope I get to frame this one. ;o)

Good luck to me!!!

janis


p.s. Since uploading of this post is a bit late (sorry people, got sick!), sooo glad to report that this LO won 3rd place last Saturday. ;o) Got myself a GC from Rekindled Moments (must have that Kaiser acrylic stamp!!!!) Yippppeeee!!!!

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves