Friday, December 5, 2008

AD THIS CHALLENGE #5

I am sooo excited to guest design for AD This (www.adthis.blogspot.com)…. soo excited that I almost was not able to submit on time.

The story: I received the email for the inspiration image Tuesday, November 25. Deadline was Saturday, November 29. From Tuesday until Friday, I started segregating the photos, papers and embellishments that I wanted to work with. I wanted to use three photos (all pocket sizes) for my LO - - these are the individual photos (taken the same day with the picture used in my Lola’s Angels LO) of the clan’s little girls. However, come Friday night, I couldn’t for the life of me be happy with my LO plan. I wanted something romantic, something unique… After all, it was my first time to guest design and I wanted it to be special.


So come Saturday, I was panicking already. Deadline was at 11:59pm, and I had to be at Mylittleattic’s Mini-Jam the entire day. On top of that, I only had about two and a half hours sleep the night before (had dinner with relatives which lasted until the wee hours of the morning) and I had to do the driving to and from Alabang.

Crazy, right? The mini-jam ended about 4:30pm and I arrived at Makati just before 7pm. While driving, I decided to change the pictures that I’d be using and so, I still had to run to Greenbelt to have my picture developed.

So, with a splitting headache (from anxiety and lack of sleep), I was able to sit down to finally start the LO about 7:30pm. Here’s my take:

Published at Scrapstreet Magazine's June 2009 Issue.

Journaling: Traveling abroad with you was a surprise - - I never expected that I’d super enjoy it. The place, food, shopping and (mis)adventures – all were special because they were spent with you. So, where’s our next honeymoon?

Materials used: Papers by K& Co, corrugated cardboard, prima flowers (obsession), flourishes (painted with acrylic paint, LOVE stickers by Craft Express, buttons, strings, AAS leather strips, MM tiny alphas (brown ledger), MM shimmer alphas (metrorust) cuttlebug diecuts (You’re not the Boss of Me alphabet and heart), airplane sticker from Creative Imaginations, green DMC thread for sewing.

I was soo happy I was able to put together this LO the last minute (well, almost—I finished this in about an hour!!! Thanks mojo!!!). Hope you like this one as much as I do. ;o)

janis

p.s. Added the airplane sticker after submitting to AD This. Fits perfectly. ;o)

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves