Saturday, April 2, 2011

HATS OFF!!!

If you ask me, my ultimate dream is really to create something that I can wear!!!! LOL!!! I know this dream is slowly trying to become a reality - - this will start as soon as I open that Brother sewing machine that I bought last month from its box. LOL!!!! I don't know, maybe because I just don't have the space to place it and the time to watch the instructional DVD that came with it..... hhhhmmm, maybe this Holy Week I'll have the free time (crossing my fingers).

Anyways, my friends know that I'm big with accessories and so, when Bo Bunny asked the DT gals to create something wearable out of the collections, I made this:

I had these charcoal knit petals for the longest time and was just waiting for the right moment to use it. I bought the cap for my daughter at SM (about $5 bucks), I thought the cap was too plain so I accessorized it using Bo Bunny's petals. I removed the bling from the Secret Crush Petal and sewed the Charcoal Knit Petals in place. The Secret Crush Petal is adhered to the cap using safety pins so I can easily take it off should I want to wear it alone as a brooch!!! Brilliant eh? ;o)

Want to feel inspired more? Better check out the blog post HERE.

Thanks for looking everyone!!!

janis

3 comments:

Life in Colors said...

Wow, so creative , love it !

Nati Tristan said...

That house is beautiful! Wonderful work embellishing it!

Katrina Hunt said...

Janis, I am wanting that hat!!!!! hugs, Katrina

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves