Wednesday, June 30, 2010

COMPARE THIS...

... with THIS.

PUNCH-EDGE LOVE

by Janis Medina-Maghinay

6:00 o’ clock.

The alarm just went off. It is a Saturday morning, why would I wake myself up this early when Saturdays give you the license to sleep late after a week of hardwork?

And then I remembered. There is a huge liquidation sale in a local scrapbooking store that will open exactly at 9:00 o’clock to patrons on a first-come, first-served basis. I’m supposed to meet with my sister near her place in an hour so we can drive to the store just in time for the opening. She’ll never forgive me if we came in second or third in line…

So I quickly got up and bathe. Put on decent clothes and kissed my hubby and my kids lightly so they will not wake up. I did not bother to inform dear hubby that I’m taking the car, he won’t let me drive in the highway anyway. I skipped breakfast because the bully sister has already rung me five times when it’s not even 7:00 o’clock.

I got the car keys and sped away. I was beyond excited - - I was making a mental list of the things I will buy. The sale notice said that edge punches are at 50% off!!!! 50% off!!!! Fiskars!!! EK Success!!! I promised I’d get all the edge punches I could lay my hands on. I wonder if I’d see some Martha Stewart Crafts edge punches too…

BAMMMMMM!!!!

Uh–oh. Either I was hit or I hit something. I got down the SUV and saw that I broke another car's sidelight - - and the driver was not very pleased. I quickly looked how’s the damage on mine, good thing it was just a minor scratch.

Long story cut short, the driver let me settle amicably - - I must have looked pitiful saying that I was on my way to an emergency. If only he knew that it was a scrapbooking emergency!!!

And so, I went on and met my sister (who was beyond relief that I was okay and still managed to meet her on time!!!) and got to the store 15 minutes ahead of time. We’re first in line!!!

I was able to get two edge punches - - the Effervescence Border Punch from Fiskars (which I used on my Boy Wonder Layout below) and the Zig Zag Stitch Slim Edger Punch from EK Success - - along with a lot of other items that we’re definitely not-on-my-list-but-were-on-sale-so-are-must-haves. I was beyond my scrappy budget - - that I could reasonably justify to dear hubby - - but the car accident…

Let’s just say that for the next four months, my driving route has been strictly home to office and vice versa. Punch-edge love has kept me off the highway.



What do you think? ;o)

janis

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer you were in an accident....but you still made the sale! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves