Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FULL DECK OF CARDS

I played with my old stash in creating this one for Journaling Junkie Challenge 72b. The challenge is to look back over your life and take stock of the cards you've been dealt, both good and bad, to document them and how you feel about them and what if anything you can do about them.

Here's my take:


Journaling: It helped that we were both on the rebound when we got together. We laid our full deck of cards right away and expected nothing but love. After 5 years in the relationship, we took the plunge and got married. Love is a gamble and I am so glad I bet all my cards to make it this far with you.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, Papers: Making Memories, Prima Marketing, Teresa Collins Studio, Cloth and flower: Prima Marketing, Stamps: Hero Arts, Overlay: Hambly Studios, Edge Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts, Chipboard alphabets: American Crafts, Chipboard shapes: Rusty Pickle, Stickers and bingo card: Jenni Bowlin Studios, Paints: Making Memories, Rub-ons: BasicGrey, Daisy D's, Ink: Clearsnap, Tsukineko, Pen: Uni-ball, Glue: Ranger, Other: Blings, playing cards, Cuttlebug dies (butterflies), dymo tape.

I made the paper roses again!!! This is seriously addicting!!



See the bracket there? I applied Rock Candy Stickles over it for extra texture. Plus, I have been keeping these BasicGrey birdcage rub-ons for the longest time, good thing I remembered I have them and used them here!!!



Had I remembered that I have the Cuttlebug buttefly dies, I would have not bought the MS classic butterfly punch. Oh well, that's another lesson learned: take stock of what you already have before buying anything!!!



Just another shot of this Prima birdie. ;o) Would you believe that I have it for almost a year already? LOL.



To see the takes of the other DTs check out JJ's blog here. Hope you can play along with us!

janis

2 comments:

Grace Tolman said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. That's funny that you have the same "want list" as me. Let me know how you check off your list so maybe I'll get some ideas on how to get mine done. :)
Love this page. I'm so inspired by your attention to detail. take care.

Lee i. said...

great take on the challenge, janis.

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves