Thursday, December 3, 2009

BLOGGING FROM THE HOSPITAL

Yep, been shut out from the blogging world for almost 2 days as my son Phil had to be confined in the hospital for pneumonia. Soooo sad - - he didn't like the dextrose and all those injections. He had been having the fever since last Sunday night after going to a kiddie birthday party - - we thought it was just because of his cold and cough. I brought him to his pedia Tuesday, but his condition didn't improve so come Wednesday we decided to bring him to the hospital for some tests. The doctor didn't let us go home after seeing the x-ray results.

What makes me extra sad is that December 4 is his 3rd birthday. The doctor said we couldn't go home until Sunday (I think just to make sure that all the antibiotics are really administered for at least 5 days). I guess we just have to postpone his big day and just make sure that he gets well really soon. I told hubby to let our daughter Nat come to the hospital to see Phil so that we can still celebrate in a simple way (told hubby maybe we could buy a small cake just for the family, you know, just so Phil can blow his candles), plus I haven't seen Nat since Wednesday afternoon.

So what have I missed? I missed AAM's Challenge 7 debut! Better late than never, right? The title of the challenge is Processing the Holidays. This is the one thing that always come to mind whenever the holidays are fast approaching - - sharing with the less fortunate - - so this is the inspiration behind my take on the challenge:


Journaling:
Meet Jiro, a 4 year old Dumagat native living along the banks of Ipo Dam. He sold me fish which he and his brother caught 2 days before Ondoy hit the country. I sometimes wonder how he’s doing and pray that he and his family survived Ondoy unharmed.

Now that the holidays are fast approaching, I think of ways of giving back and sharing my blessings. I hope that in my own little way, I can bring a smile to the Jiros of my community.

Supplies: Used my Cocoa Daisy October Basic and Add-on Kits. Papers: Jillibean Soup, Heidi Swapp, Pebbles, Lily Bee, 7Gypsies, Cosmo Cricket, Overlay: Fancy Pants, Glimmer Mist: Maya Road, Blings: Chatterbox, Stickers: Jenni Bowlin Studio, Prima Marketing, Paint: Pebeo, Packaging: Prima Marketing, Other: Rub-on.


Not sure if this is also one of HS invisibles, just used my mist on this one so that the white/silver frame will stand out.



This is my first time to use a 12x12 transparency as a background. Just perfect for my layout - - I guess we should all take these words to heart.



To see the takes of the other DTs, just click here.

So there, I guess it's bye for now. Will try to check in when my son is asleep here in the hospital (thank goodness for laptops and wireless internet connection!!!). Please pray for his speedy recovery - - that would be a wonderful birthday gift for him.

Thanks everyone!

janis

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Love your LO- very inspirational! Hope Phil gets well soon and those antibiotics kick in quickly! Happy Bday 'lil one!

Tara Orr said...

Oh goodness - my heart goes out to you!! My 5 year old just finished his 2nd bout of pneumonia as well! (Had it twice in less than 2 months - VERY scary!). Fever, cough, etc! Was on antibiotics for 10 days first time and 12 days the second time. They take a bit to work, but are a miracle. Hope he gets better soon - and that mommy isn't too stressed/worried!

Take Care,

Tara Orr

Nicole Martel said...

aw, hope your son gets better soon!!!

Ruth Philps said...

poor you janis...I sincerely hope he is feeling alot better by the time you read this.
My nearly 2 year old very quickly came down with bronchitis last night, fortunately the DR listened to his chest and gave me some anti-biotics normally they just say it's viral and it will get better but you know your own kids so you know when they are worse than normal.
I hope he has a fabulous birthday when he gets out from hospital...love and prayers from the UK xxx

Anonymous said...

Janis - I hope your son recovers quickly and fully! I had pneumonia when i was 5... scared my parents a lot! but iwas fine and recovered. Sorry you're stuck in hospital and i hope the birthday is still very special. xx div

Cookie Aguilar said...

hi Janis, naku I hope your son is Ok... ganyan talaga... that also happened to harvey before and it really breaks my heart to see him in a hospital bed. Hugs to you and your son!!! ingat and as always, love your page!!!

Pippa said...

OH NO Janis! Hope your little bubba is back to his old self real soon

Mia Castrillo said...

Hugs to you Janis! I think it's the Mama who feels worse when kids get sick. Hope Phil gets well soon.

Ingat!
Mia

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves