The theme of the blog hop is "Free to be Me". I think this one perfectly describes why I joined AAM's DT - - I wanted to scrap for myself, my thoughts, my experiences, my life's lessons. I guess after doing the layouts for our challenges, I think I should not be called a reluctant scrapper anymore (I should definitely think about moving to a new home with a new blog name!!!)
Anyways, the current challenge is titled: "I Just Can't Live Without..." and here's my take:
Journaling: I can't live without these:
Chocolates - will never refuse one!!!
Excellence - - I'm guilty of being a perfectionist!!!
Family and Friends
Going places coz' I sooo love traveling!
Thirst for knowledge
Scrapbooking - - my creative/artistic outlet!!!
Vision for the future
Yearning and Zest for life
Supplies: Papers: Jillibean Soup, Glitter Glue: Ranger, Conchos: All About Scrapbooking, Felties: Sassafras Lass, Glimmer Mist: Maya Road, Stickers: Doodlebug Design, Chipboard: A2Z Essentials, Crackle Paint: Ranger, Other: Crochet thread.
Instead of misting, I used the Maya Road mists as water colors. ;o) Love that tree chipboard too from A2Z Essentials!!! and yes, this is another Jillibean Soup layout coming from me. ;o)
On to the Q&A portion of the hop. Here are my answers:
- My childhood ambition was to become a flight stewardess (believe it or not, it was the “dream job” for little girls around that time!!!).
- My retreat is anytime, anywhere when I can grab a chocolate bar and devour it all by myself. ;o)
- The perfect day is during weekends, when hubby and I do not have work and we get to spend the whole day with the kids.
- My first job was where I met my dear hubby. ;o)
- My wildest dream is to be soo friggin’ rich I’ll just play at the stock market everyday (oh, please, pretty please let me win the lotto!!! - - note to self: buy the ticket first!!!)
- If my life was a musical it would be called Janis the Dreamer (lame, sorry, I ran out of ideas!!! LOL).
- After giving birth to Phil in December 2006, I brought him and Nat to my parents’ grave. I think that was my proudest moment.
- My favorite item of clothing is a leather jacket I wore during my China trip in 2006 (hey, I totally have no excuse to wear it here in Manila!!! LOL)
- I feel ready for the day when I wake up with my kids on my arms and my hubby on the other side of the bed (yep, we still sleep with our kids on a queen-sized bed!!!).
- I COULD live without fruitcakes. Seriously, I don’t understand why anyone will like them (maybe that’s why there’s just one fruitcake in the world? LOL.)
Become a follower and leave a comment answering this question: Do you like fruitcakes or not? Just a little survey just to check if my tastebuds are working right. LOL. The prize is a $10 gift certificate from Cocoa Daisy (love, love, love my kit club!!!). The winner will be determined using random drawing on November 8, Sunday. Plenty of time to join and win, right? ;o)
Whew!!! That was a rather long post, wasn't it? Time to get going kiddos and your next stop is Melissa!!!
Enjoy hopping, winning prizes, and being inspired!!!