Thursday, August 13, 2009

JUST MESSIN' AROUND PART 2

I submitted this LO for Journaling Junkie's Challenge 62. The challenge is to create a LO about an experience exploring any one of the 5 senses in detail or to describe one experience using all 5 senses.


Journaling:

What you see isn't always what you get. The white light is really a spectrum of various colours unseen by the naked eye.Facades can be deceiving and should not be used to judge content and worth. Go beyond what you see and discover what lies within.

Supplies: Papers: Making Memories, Jillibean Soup, Teresa Collins, Scrapworks, Alphabet chipboards: American Crafts, Basic Grey, All About Scrapbooking, Tag: 7Gypsies, Ticket: Jenni Bowlin, Sticker: Dymo, Fabric paint: Tulip, Overlay: Hambly ScreenPrints, Paint and brads: Making Memories, Others: Pearl accents, crochet thread, eyelets, ribbons, gesso, soft pastel.

This picture is accidental or unintentional in a way. I remember I just want to take a picture of my dd's face during a comic convention (my hubby is a collector) in Mega Mall and it turned out that one of those focus lights kinda reflected on her face. The picture looked cool so I decided to have it printed and scrapped.

While the topic is about the sense of sight, I really wanted that my layout be an eyecandy of sorts - - I wanted a lot of details and nuances going here and there. Played with those pearl accents (looped them on my Hambly).


I just tied those ribbons on the crochet thread.


Played with gesso too (the application was intentionally made uneven). Notice the direction of my gesso paint too as I wanted it to kinda match the reflected light on my dd's face.


At the end of the day, what can I say? This state of depression kinda gave me that license to mess around with my style. As of this posting, I think it has been more than two weeks since I fondled and smelled my papers (LOL) - - although I know I should scrap soon (I still have my DT commitment over at JJ and the next challenge's deadline is just around the corner).

I wish the one blogging right now is my usual perky scrapcrazy self - - I guess I will have to find her right now as she's gone MIA.

Thanks for looking people.

janis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, janis!

depression is sure making you go wild - on the scrapping side. but I LIKE-y :)

whatever's parked on your mind right now, I sure hope it'll go someplace else. you need that "clearance" soon. hugs!

~bjay

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling better now...just pray and leave it all up to Him! I echo Bjay, I like it when you get depressed...hindi halata hahaha you still came up with a stunning and colorful LO!

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy your gesso? I've been wanting to buy but I don't know where to look.

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves