Friday, May 15, 2009

CHALLENGED BY FABRIC

I'm soo bad at deadlines - - the truth is I thought I won't be joining Pinoyscrapbookers' Kaya Challenge for May for I'm not a fan of using fabrics on my layouts. But then, will it be so bad to try something new? So, here's another simple layout from me - started making it two hours before the 12 midnight deadline.

The challenge mechanics:

1) No patterned paper allowed.
2) Use plain-colored cardstock only for your base.
3) For journaling and titles, you may use any material except patterned paper.
4) Your layout must have a) fabric/textile AND b) ribbons, lace and/or fiber.

Here's my take:



Materials used: DCWV cardstock, ribbons, felt cloth, leather cloth, mesh cloth, Tim Holtz Ticket, AAS satin flower, buttons, DMC thread, Cuttelbug diecuts (foam heart, chipboard netting), Scenic Route chipboard crown, AC Thickers (Jewelry Box), Dymo tape, Sakura Pens.

I am most happy with the leather heart embellishment that I made here. All thanks to my Cuttlebug. ;o)


Thanks for looking.

janis

2 comments:

Janneke said...

beautiful Janis!

Mia Castrillo said...

I love this layout, Janis! I think you should change the name of your blog. Di ka na "reluctant" kasi galing mo na eh. :P Keep on scrapping!

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves