Wednesday, April 1, 2009

SCRAPSTREET STAR's Round One

Yup, I did join. No idea how the contest will go (I just knew that it's an elimination type contest) - - you know me, I'm always up for challenges. The difference with this one though is there is community voting (I think 50%, the other half considers voting by the judging panel). The only great thing going for me is that I have no expectations - - I'm new to the forum although I hope to make friends along the way.

The challenge for round one (aptly titled "A Small Start") is to use pictures coming from index sheets, or if you don't have any, you must use pictures no bigger than 1"x1". Luckily for me, I was able to keep the actual index sheet of Nat's first photo shoot. This is my first time to scrap photos these small. I decided to use negative space (also decided against using too much paper - - I didn't want the itty bitty pictures to drown) and go dainty (to match the pictures). Purple is not my color, but since I chose to use the Little Yellow Bicycle's Baby Safari papers, I figured the pink-yellow-orange-green combination will stand out most against purple.

I'm very happy also with the way my stitching turned out - all thanks to my new Cutter bee. ;o) You can view my layout here.

And oh please, in any chance that you're a Scrapstreet member, please do vote for me. Be needing all the support I can get.

Thanks so much.

janis

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves