Tuesday, February 17, 2009

KAYA 22/FEB16th AD

"Stitch me a Song" is Kaya 22's Challenge. You have to create a LO using the title or a favorite phrase from the song of your choice and include stitching as a technique. In your journaling, you have to include also that part of the song you like best because it's the most meaningful to you.

Well, I have been combining challenges lately, and so when I did this LO, I also considered AdThis' Feb16th Ad. This is my 2nd time to guest design for them (their ads are always fab!!!). The twist for the week is to distress and/or emboss on your photo and create your own/alter embellishments using this ad:

This is my take:

Let me introduce my cutie niece, Jade (hi ate lai, hi panget!!! pahiram muna pix ni jade ha!!!). I got my title and journaling from Tim McGraw's song "My Little Girl".

Journaling:

I thought you looked like an angel
Beautiful baby from the outside in
Little girl
You've had me wrapped around your finger
Since the day you were born.

Materials used: DCWV cardstock, Papers from Deja Views, JB, MME, and Prima, bear and heart stickers (unknown), AAS glimmer alphabet stickers, HS Chipboard alphabet (She), JB journaling tag, MM shimmer alphabet stickers, AL Ticketed and Prima Build a Frame clear stamps, acetate, button, AAS conchos and leather strip, Fabercastell watercolor pencil (white), DMC thread, felt cutouts, mesh cloth, JB felt button, red and asphalt shimmer powders, Sakura white pen, MSCrafts edge punch (doily lace), Colorbox inkpad for distressing.

This is my first time to stamp on acetate (Wow!!! StazOn really works!!! How I wish someone told me before that StazOn's best for bare stamping, should have hoarded different shades - - I only have Jet Black for now.) I have this JB felt button that I don't really use so I stuck the cardstock (glazed with red shimmer powder) with the pearl concho on it and stitched the mesh cloth under it. I also cutout the swirls and the wings from the felt cloths that I have. Voila- - my own embellishments!!!

Thanks AD This for another opportunity to guest design. Keep on rocking!!!

Thanks for looking.

janis

No comments:

2011 FAVES

2010 Faves

2009 Faves